Friday, January 11, 2008

Digg Submissions


"A while ago people would submit every story they wrote to Digg. Not just to get it voted up, but because "just being on Digg" was apparently good for SEO. I wasn't always convinced of this but I heard it so much I started to believe there might be something in it. Still, I didn't follow the practice.

Fast forward a little while and Digg reorganizes the way pages are generated, particularly where member profiles are concerned. One of the effects of this was that fewer pages per story were created, and the knock on effect was fewer links just for being on the site.

Now today I get a question from a reader who has been following commentary about a social media marketing video that is doing the rounds that recommends you submit stories to Digg just because Digg has great pagerank."

1 comment:

Jack Payne said...

I think Digg's ride, from a tech to general consumer site, has been a bumpy one, but they have largely achieved their goals.